If you’re planning to move to Denver, Cherry Creek is an upscale community you’ll want to consider. Cherry Creek Denver has a lot to recommend it. You’ll love the beautiful homes, amazing shopping, excellent dining, and fun things to do. Read on to get the details!
Cherry Creek Denver Overview
Over 100 years ago, Cherry Creek was part of a town called Harman. Today, Cherry Creek is a unique walkable neighborhood in Denver. You’ll sometimes see it called Cherry Creek North. The neighborhood encompasses a 16-block area. It’s defined by 6th Street on the north, Colorado Boulevard on the east, East Alameda and Cherry Creek on the South, and University Boulevard on the west.
When you drive, walk or bike down the tree-lined streets in Cherry Creek, you’d never imagine that it’s only three or four miles from downtown Denver. There are almost 600 businesses in Cherry Creek. And, the neighborhood continues to grow. But, it’s keeping its personality as an example of upscale urban living at its finest.
Cherry Creek Denver Homes
Cherry Creek Denver truly offers homes for every taste. Owners of single-family homes built in 1907, for example, have updated them to keep current with the times. You’ll also find contemporary and traditional single-family homes built within the last 20 years.
The newer homes offer designs that include open floor plans, gourmet kitchens, and all the luxuries buyers in Cherry Creek are looking for. If you’d prefer a luxury condominium or townhome, you’ll find them. Some of the condominium buildings even offer panoramic views of Denver. Mixed-use developments are popular, which often combine residences with retail space.
Cherry Creek Denver Dining
It doesn’t matter what you have a taste for, you’ll find it among the more than 50 bars and restaurants in Cherry Creek. Restaurants serve everything from burgers to seafood to delicacies from several different countries. These are just a few of your choices.
· Kobe An: When you want traditional Japanese dishes, visit Kobe An for Shabu Shabu, Sushi, Sukiyaki and more. There’s also a busy happy hour with special appetizers to whet your appetite.
· Matsuhisa: This Japanese fare is available for both lunch and dinner. Specialties include tempera, nigiri sushi, and sashimi, wagyu beef dishes, and the list keeps going.
· Fortune Wok to Table: You’ll find Chinese cuisine in a casual atmosphere on the first floor. The restaurant serves more elaborate dishes on the second floor. Chef CJ puts the same mastery into the cuisine on both floors.
· Barolo Grill: This restaurant has been a favorite in Cherry Creek for over 25 years. Northern Italian cuisine, an exceptional wine list, and cozy atmosphere keep diners coming back.
· Quality Italian Steakhouse: This restaurant is a relative newcomer. It boasts a cuisine that includes regional Italian cuisine and traditional steakhouse dishes.
· North Italia: Not sure if you’d prefer a gourmet pizza, a hand-made pasta dish, or an Italian main dish? Stop by North Italia and the choice is up to you.
· La Merise: Enjoy the ambiance of Paris along with moderately priced home-style meals in a comfortable atmosphere. You can also enjoy a meal outside on the patio.
Cherry Creek Denver Shopping
When you go shopping in Cherry Creek, your biggest problem is deciding which store you want to visit. There is a dizzying array of choices. You can buy books or check them out from the library. You can find fashions, jewelry, and accessories for men, women, and children.
If you need workout clothes or sport shoes, try Kait Sweat or the New Balance store. Need to do a bit of interior decorating? Stop by one of the art galleries, framers, Oriental rug stores, or furniture stores. For your more mundane needs, stop by the Vineyard Wine Shop or pick up dinner at the Whole Foods Market.
And, don’t forget that birthday or anniversary gift! Stop by one of the florists for a beautiful bouquet, or one of the unique boutiques for the perfect present.
Cherry Creek Denver Things to Do
One thing to keep in mind is that while there is a lot going on in Cherry Creek, it’s also just a few minutes from downtown Denver. You can easily take advantage of all the big city amenities.
If you have a love for dance, you could take lessons at Ballroom & Beyond. Whether you want to increase your fitness, get ready for the latest gala, or take up competitive dance as a hobby, the studio is there for you.
Ready to pamper yourself? You have a choice of spas. They offer anti-aging services, airbrush tanning, or a massage that will leave you relaxed and refreshed. If you’re up for something new, try the float therapies, and your stress will drift away. It’s also useful for chronic pain or sports injuries among other things.
Special events abound in Cherry Creek. The Cherry Creek Arts Festival is held in July, along with a fabulous Sidewalk Sale. In August, you can try a variety of dishes from local restaurants during the Cherry Creek North Food & Wine event.
If art is your passion, you won’t want to miss the Art Feast in the fall. It’s a walking tour of the most popular galleries that serve art and a taste of local restaurant bites.
The Winter Fest is a free event that celebrates winter. It offers live ice sculpting, performances and complimentary food and drink.
Denver Restaurant Week takes place in the February/March timeframe. In Cherry Creek, local restaurants take part by offering special meal pricing. It’s an excellent time to try some of the restaurants you may not have visited in the past.
Cherry Creek Denver: Urban Living at Its Finest
If you’re looking for luxury living close to downtown Denver, you should consider Cherry Creek Denver!
The great thing about Denver is that it offers a neighborhood for everyone. If you want to find your perfect place in Denver, contact the experts at Peak Properties Group. We’ll help you clarify what you’re truly looking for, and help you meet your goals. Call us at 720-515-7713 or send an email and we’ll get things started.