Parker Lifestyle, Amenities and Real Estate in Parker, CO
Founded in 1864, the town of Parker is where the independent spirit of the old west meets the drive and determination of the modern era. From the Western-Victorian ambiance of downtown, to the modern homes and shopping centers sprouting from the prairie, the town’s transformation from a sleepy backwater to bustling suburb is evident everywhere you turn.
The Lifestyle: Quintessential Suburban Life
Parker’s residents enjoy the peaceful feelings and sense of community that comes with living in the suburbs. The town is known throughout the area for its fabulous Fourth of July events, and Barker Days which both bring the community together to enjoy a little fun beneath the summer sun.
Most importantly, residents of Parker are competitive by nature and many are true blue Denver Bronco’s, Colorado Avalanche, and Colorado Rockies fans who are known to head into nearby Denver to catch as many games as they can throughout the season. Why is that? It’s because many of the players on these incredible teams live in Parker’s prestigious neighborhoods.
Parker, CO’s Real Estate Market
Each neighborhood has been designed to provide the maximum level of comfort and privacy possible. The real estate market in the Parker area is stable and improving in line with other cities and towns in the state.
- The Pinery – Quiet country living in a western style, country club community. If that sounds appealing, then you will enjoy the beautiful homes and magnificent views afforded to residents of this neighborhood. When you’re not busy relaxing on your deck, you’ll enjoy playing tennis, going horseback riding, fishing in the lake, or discovering the sights along the neighborhoods many trails.
- Stroh Ranch – This family centric community is Parker’s most popular neighborhood. Located just south of the downtown area right off Parker Road, Stroh Ranch has sprung from the prairie and continues to grow. Most of the homes are two-story, single family homes that are as beautiful as they are comfortable.
- Chenango – Located on the northern end of town, Chenango is the community’s most prestigious neighborhood. Many of Colorado’s “movers and shakers” make their homes here, which makes your neighbors a veritable “who’s who” list of the people who are shaping Colorado’s future. Each home is meticulously maintained and custom designed to reflect the owner’s personal styles and tastes.
You’ll Enjoy: A Strong Sense of Community
The spirit of the old west is alive and strong in Parker. Residents of the town like to gather and celebrate their western heritage throughout the year and you will most certainly want to take part in the festivities.
- Parker Days – Every June, the city hosts this 4 day festival that features a parade, live music, family-friendly activities and games. That’s all on top of more delicious food than you can possibly imagine.
- Smokin’ Brew BBQ – It’s central location makes Parker and ideal place to host this annual beer and BBQ competition. Brewers and Q’ers from around the state welcome residents to come on in to sample and compare their delicious creations.
Distinguished Schools in Parker
Gold Rush Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 12021 S. Swift Fox Way
North Star Academy | Grades K-8 | 16700 Keystone Blvd.
Sierra Middle School | Grades 7-8 | 6651 E. Pine Ln.
Ponderosa High School | Grades 9-12 | 7007 Bayou Gulch Rd.
Perfect for: Escaping the Confines of the City
Parker’s wide open spaces provide plenty of opportunities to relax and contemplate. You can go for a hike in Castlewood Canyon, or strap on a helmet and ride your bike down the Cherry Creek Trail to the reservoir where you can enjoy some of the finest fishing and boating in the state.
Parker, CO Utilities
Parker Water & Sanitation District | Water
Intermountain Rural Electric Association | Electricity
Xcel Energy | Natural Gas
Comcast | High Speed Internet & Cable
The Workforce: Where Visionaries and Leaders Thrive
Many of Parker’s residents hold white collar jobs in the Denver Tech Center, or own their own businesses. Those interested in careers in healthcare will find plenty of opportunities at Parker Adventist Hospital. With over 1700 businesses situated in the town, there are plenty of opportunities for those who are willing to work hard in pursuit of their dreams.
Why Live Here: Quiet Neighborhoods with Easy Access to the Big City Lights
Enjoy the peace and quiet of the prairie with your neighbors, or delight in the bright lights and excitement of nearby Denver and Aurora. Parker offers you the opportunity to choose your own lifestyle and make your own mark on the Colorado landscape. With easy access to I-25 and I-470 Parker is an ideal place to commute to work during the week and get out and explore the beautiful Colorado scenery on the weekends.
- Castle Pines Village 97
- Stapleton 82
- Indian Mountain 79
- Windsor Gardens 73
- Highlands Ranch 73
- The Meadows 71
- Berkeley 69
- Sunnyside 66
- Westcliffe 63
- Zapata 62
- Forbes Park 59
- Fort Garland 58
- Capitol Hill 58
- Rural 55
- Downtown 54
- Salida 54
- Estates Of Colorado 53
- Green Valley Ranch 53
- Cherry Creek 52
- Rurala 52